Mark your calendars. The 2011 More Than Just a Yardage Sale will take place Friday May 27 and Saturday May 28.
We’re already accepting donations for the Sale. If you’re clearing out your attic or basement, downsizing your home, or reducing your stash, please donate to our annual Yardage Sale.
Not sure what to donate? Here is a handy list of what we do, and don’t, accept:
We Do Accept:
• Fabric yardage–both dressmaking and decorator
• Hand tools for all textile crafts
• Incomplete craft projects
• Ethnographic & vintage textiles, including vintage clothing, drapery & household linens
• Designer, children’s and vintage patterns
• Selected textile magazines such as Threads, Piecework and Selvedge, any beading or high-end knitting magazines and some embroidery or quilting publications
We Don’t Accept:
• Fabric scraps less than a ¼ yard
• Soiled or musty items
• Incomplete or non-designer sewing patterns (such as Butterick, Burda, Simplicity, New Look or Basic Vogue)
• Used/dried craft paint or any craft tools “bigger than a bread box” such as quilting frames, looms, knitting machines, spinning wheels, console sewing machines, etc.
• We are rarely able to sell multi-disciplinary magazines such as Crafts Plus, Family Circle and Good Housekeeping.
Please pack your donations in securely tied plastic bags. Books and magazines can be packed in boxes.
You can drop your donations at the front desk of the Textile Museum: 11am – 8pm on Wednesdays, and 11am – 5pm every other day. We’ll even pick up very large loads. Just call the number below for information.
Textile Museum of Canada
55 Centre Avenue, Toronto
(1 block east of the St. Andrew subway station)
416-599-5321 ext. 0.
Strand News is the online meeting place for members of the Volunteer Association of the Textile Museum of Canada. Our annual fundraisers, including the Textile Bazaar, support Museum programs and exhibitions.