At More Than Just a Yardage Sale, you’ll find an abundance of treasures at bargain prices. Several TMC Volunteers work each week to prepare for the sale: Michelle has been preparing vintage clothing, tablecloths, napkins and more; Jane has packaged up dozens of knitting needles, embroidery frames and weaving accessories; Helen has a cornucopia of unusual beads and jewelry findings; Nancy and Beryl specialize in decorator fabrics.
Other volunteers have worked on:
• Fine fabrics for sewing and quilting;
• Quality yarns for knitting, weaving and crochet;
• Vintage lace for ornaments, collage, cards and crafts;
• Eye-catching items for costumes, couturier, or interior design;
• Buttons and beads for that added touch; and
• Books and patterns on how to put them all together.
Here are just a few of the treasures you’ll find at this year’s Yardage Sale:
More Than Just a Yardage Sale
Friday, May 25, 11 am – 6 pm
Saturday May 26, 10 am – 1 pm
Textile Museum of Canada
55 Centre Ave., Toronto
We are located east of University Ave. and south of Dundas St.
Think green and bring your own bags. Cash, debit and major credit cards accepted.
Donations for the sale will be accepted at the Museum until the middle of May.
Strand News is the online meeting place for members of the Volunteer Association of the Textile Museum of Canada. Our annual fundraisers, including the Textile Bazaar, support Museum programs and exhibitions.